S. D. Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Narwana is premier institute of Haryana with 04 UG courses and 03 PG courses. The college has a team of 50 well qualified teachers to cater to the needs of about 1200 students . With well- equipped labs and facility of ground for different sports activities, the college is working for broad -based education to students. The range of co – curricular and extra – curricular activities besides teaching, help students in achieving an overall development of their personality. The congenial atmosphere and positive welfare measures help students even from the marginal groups to attain a level playing field to compete in the mainstream.
The college is working with the objective of providing best possible knowledge, an exposure of background socio political issues along with regular teaching, an environment to develop critical thinking & analytical skills, grounding in value system & ethics, a continuous graduation in discipline, a health consciousness and easy accessibility of education to all sections of the society. The education provided in the college has a deep social and humanistic orientation.
The following are the major strengths of the college:
- Regular classes
- Monthly planning of syllabus.
- Formative assessment in the form of assignments and class test s are so devised as to give a complete coverage of the syllabus.
- Enriching syllabus by providing background information in detail.
- Good infrastructure of labs.
- Cross cutting issues as a part of regular teaching in the form of compulsory environment and computer awareness examination.
- Active and vibrant Women Cell for gender sensitization and women related issues.
- Placement and Guidance cell for preparing students for future career.
- Wide range of co – curricular and extra -curricular activities for overall development of students’ personality.
- Good performance of college in academics, sports and in the field of cultural and othe r extra – curricular activities.
- Good team of well qualified teachers.
- Wide reach of extension activities by NSS volunteers.
- Good tradition of participatory management and cooperative working of the college.
- Involvement of students’ in key activities of the college.
- An effective system of feedback.
- An effective interface with the stakeholders outside the college.